Saturday 1 September 2018

Serena Williams was asked what it was like beating her sister Venus at the US Open and she had an amazing response: 'Every time she loses, I feel like I do'

venus williams serena williams us openJulian Finney/Getty Images

  • Serena Williams beat older sister Venus Williams Friday evening at the US Open (6-1, 6-2).
  • After the match, Serena was asked by ESPN what it's like to beat her older sister.
  • She gave an incredibly sweet response that melted fans.
  • "It's not easy. She's my best friend," said Serena. "Every time she loses I feel like I do."
  • It's incredible to see the two play against one another, no matter the outcome. There was a time where it was uncertain if Venus would return to the top of the tennis world after her 2011 diagnosis with Sjögren's syndrome
  • Serena continues to the fourth round of the US Open. She's hoping for her seventh championship title.

Serena Williams may have triumphed over her older sister Venus Williams at the US Open Friday evening, but it's not a win she takes lightly.

"It's not easy. She’s my best friend," said Serena during an on-court interview with ESPN after the match when asked what it's like beating her sister. "She means the world to me and is so supportive of my career. Every time she loses I feel like I do. It’s a tournament and we all know there’s more to life than playing each other and just playing tennis."

See the rest of the story at Business Insider

NOW WATCH: An early bitcoin investor explains what most people get wrong about the cryptocurrency

See Also:



from Feedburner https://ift.tt/2LNzl5D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's how to invest in the Q3 earnings season as profits re-accelerate despite misplaced recession myths

getty Earnings likely grew for the fifth consecutive quarter in Q3. Top strategists are eyeing 2025 results ahead of what's likel...