Wednesday 2 January 2019

I spent 10 years planning to become CEO, but I never got the job until I changed my perspective completely

My first day as a CEO leslieJosh Leslie; Business Insider

  • Josh Leslie is the CEO of Cumulus Networks.
  • When Leslie was 30, he told his manager that he wanted to be a CEO by the time he was 40.
  • By his late 30s, CEO was nowhere in sight and his career seemed to be on a distinct sideways trajectory.
  • So he changed his perspective: He stopped thinking about his next job, the size of his team, and the perception of his accomplishments. Ten months later, he became the CEO.
  • On his first day, he realized he had been preparing for the role for years.

I joined Cumulus Networks in June of 2015 as the vice president of sales, which was a role I had been in for several years before, and I was comfortable with. Our founder, JR Rivers, was CEO when I joined. But as time went on, JR transitioned to the CTO role, and gave me the opportunity to lead as Cumulus' chief executive.  

So, ten months after I joined the company, I walked into the office for day one of a completely new role: CEO.

See the rest of the story at Business Insider

NOW WATCH: Meet the 24-year-old who's the youngest female broker in the New York Stock Exchange

See Also:

SEE ALSO: I run a 1,000-person company, but it's not all that different from my first day as CEO — when I gave myself a title, rolled out of bed, and got to work

SEE ALSO: I've been a CEO for 7 years, and here's the best advice I can give you about running a company

SEE ALSO: I've been the CEO of my company for 7 years, but I consider my first day to be when I shaved, swapped my shorts for pants, and appeared on the national news



from Feedburner https://read.bi/2F1v0fU

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 reasons rate cuts won't stimulate the economy like they have in the past: Morgan Stanley Wealth Management CIO

Reuters The Fed has started cutting rates, but it's not likely to boost the economy much, Lisa Shalett says. The economy is less ...