Monday 3 August 2020

Federal judge calls for privacy protections after her son was killed and her husband was shot by 'madman'

Screen Shot 2020 08 03 at 5.12.23 PMScreenshot/YouTube

  • Esther Salas, a US federal judge, released a video on Monday concerning the July 19 killing of her son.
  • "Two weeks ago, my life as I knew it changed in an instant, and my family will never be the same," Salas said.
  • Salas called for federal judges to enjoy greater privacy protections, noting that her son's killer had found her home address online.
  • "We may not be abler to stop something like this again, but we can make it hard for those who target us to track us down," she said.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

A federal judge who authorities say her family was targeted by an "anti-feminist" killer, leaving her son dead and husband gravely wounded, released a video on Monday pleading for action to prevent such future tragedies.

"Two weeks ago, my life as I knew it changed in an instant, and my family will never be the same," US Judge Esther Salas said in the video. "A madman, who I believe was targeting me because of my position as a federal judge, came to my house."

See the rest of the story at Business Insider

NOW WATCH: Inside London during COVID-19 lockdown

See Also:



from Feedburner https://ift.tt/3k7TQfo

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Nobel Prize-winning 'godfather of AI' says he's glad one of his students had a hand in ousting Sam Altman from OpenAI

"I'm particularly proud of the fact that one of my students fired Sam Altman," computer scientist Geoffrey Hinton said on Tue...