Wednesday, 28 February 2018

Australia's defence department is phasing out Chinese phones after US intelligence issued security warnings

Phone mobile in China Tiananmen square

  • Huawei and ZTE phones, which were used for unclassified purposes, are being strategically phased out by Australia's defense department.
  • The agency said the phones were not deemed a security risk, despite assertions from US intelligence officers who said that they don't use the phones because they could be conduits for foreign surveillance.
  • Huawei was previously banned from contributing to Australia's national broadband network due to security concerns.


An Australian government agency is phasing out two Chinese phone brands as the US warns of possible security concerns.

The Department of Defence confirmed to Business Insider it no longer uses any Huawei phones and is retiring its ZTE mobiles.

See the rest of the story at Business Insider

NOW WATCH: Why North Korea sent hundreds of cheerleaders to the Olympics

See Also:



from Feedburner http://ift.tt/2Cuhpwu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Companies with huge datasets can save up to 80% in AI costs by using open-weight models: Hims CEO

The Hims and Hers CEO said that companies with their own datasets stand to save a lot of money by using open-weight models. NYSE Hims & ...