Friday, 3 August 2018

Weekly Initial Unemployment Claims increased to 218,000

The DOL reported:
In the week ending July 28, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 218,000, an increase of 1,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 217,000. The 4-week moving average was 214,500, a decrease of 3,500 from the previous week's unrevised average of 218,000.
emphasis added
The previous week was unrevised.

The following graph shows the 4-week moving average of weekly claims since 1971.

Click on graph for larger image.


The dashed line on the graph is the current 4-week average. The four-week average of weekly unemployment claims decreased to 214,500.

This was at the consensus forecast. The low level of claims suggest few layoffs.

from Calculated Risk https://ift.tt/2LTe7Hj

No comments:

Post a Comment

I tried ChatGPT’s new try-it-on shopping function. It worked for daily outfits, but couldn't handle a Halloween costume.

I tested ChatGPT's virtual try-on feature on jewelry, daily outfits, a wedding dress, and my cat. ChatGPT/Business Insider I tested Chat...