AP Photo/Evan Vucci
- Attorney General William Barr contradicted President Donald Trump's claim that he was taken to the White House security bunker for an "inspection" on May 29, rather than for safety reasons.
- Barr said the Secret Service advised the president to take shelter in the bunker because the anti-racism protests outside the White House posed a security threat.
- "Things were so bad that the Secret Service recommended the president go down to the bunker," Barr told Fox News' Bret Baier in an interview aired Monday. "We can't have that in our country."
- The Washington Post reported last week that the president, First Lady Melania Trump, and their son Barron were all rushed to the secure bunker after several protesters breached a barricade outside the White House.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Attorney General William Barr undermined President Donald Trump's claim that he was taken to the White House security bunker for an "inspection" on May 29, rather than for safety reasons amid a protest.
Barr said the Secret Service advised the president to take shelter in the bunker because the protests against police brutality taking place in downtown Washington posed a security threat.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: We tested a machine that brews beer at the push of a button
See Also:
- GoFundMe shut down Candace Owens' account for attacking George Floyd's character, saying she spread 'falsehoods against the black community'
- Joe Biden slams Trump for suggesting George Floyd is 'looking down' from heaven and celebrating 'a great day'
- Park Police contradict the White House's claims that it didn't use tear gas on protesters, admit they were 'incorrect' in saying pepper balls aren't tear gas
from Feedburner https://ift.tt/3f2fw9n
No comments:
Post a Comment